4.02.2011

How many Chinese people does it take to...

sort out a minor car accident? Apparently enough to block traffic in one direction. A few weeks ago I was taking the bus home and right before my stop we came to a complete standstill for about 10 minutes. I couldn't see what was going on from the bus but there was a ton of honking and commotion going on. Finally when we pushed through I saw that there were hordes of people gathered around two cars which had been in an accident. They were just standing there observing. I didn't have my camera on me at the time so I couldn't get a picture of the insanity but these pictures were taken about 20 minutes later and there were still quite a few people gathered around so you can imagine how it was before! People here seem to like to get up in other people's business. Also note the trolley in the bottom picture- it is really really slow because people drive all over the tracks and get in the way but I take it occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment