4.07.2011

Ancient Whip Game


Last week I was waiting for someone in the city center when all of a sudden I heard a whip being cracked behind me. I turned around and this guy was playing a game with a spinning dreidel-like thing and a whip. Whenever the dreidel thing would slow down, he would crack the whip right under it to keep it going. I was meeting up with a Chinese woman and she told me that it was some ancient game and that she didn't know how to play it. It seemed like a very aggressive game!

5 comments:

  1. supposedly the origin of this game was to prepare the children of factory owners to become effective foremen once they became of age by improving their precision with a whip--migrant workers who toiled in these factories sometimes needed some extra... motivation.

    I do not know if this was actually the case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still don't know who this is, but you're terrible!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the identity of peg leg.

    ReplyDelete