4.06.2011

Classroom Back Massage

Last week I was sitting down and setting up my powerpoint in one of my classes where the students are particularly friendly towards me when a big group of girls came rushing up to me. It's so funny- I always see these girls nod in agreement to one another before they approach me, as if they're making sure everyone's ready to encounter the English teacher. They all have very different personalities- one girl just smiles at me really close in my face, another hops around so excitedly that I can't understand her, etc. Well one of them was behind me in my chair and she started massaging my shoulders. I have some sort of Chinese cold that I can't cure and I was not having a good day at that school so I think my body just immediately relaxed. The other girls saw her doing this and all of a sudden I had like 5 or 6 little girls massaging my back- one was on my shoulders, two were on my arms, and 2 were on my middle back. Man, if I had been in the states, I would have made them stop immediately for fear that I might get some kind of ridiculous pedophile charge. But I thought whatever, I'm in China, nothing's going to happen and this back massage feels amazing!! I don't know how or why but those girls knew what they were doing. They did it until the bell rang and when I got up I felt really sleepy. It's just one of those things...only in China!

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    I read your post and i appreciate your efforts. The information that you share in the above article is very nice and useful .All the things that you share with people, are very nice. Thanks for this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was extremely pleased to find this website. I wanted to thank you for this good knowledge and I definitely enjoying every single small bit of it and I am looking forward to check out new stuff you post. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bookmared your site a couple of days ago coz your blog impresses me.’”..” see here now

    ReplyDelete