4.19.2011

A Reason to Squat....

I am finding very little time right now to continue my Dandong story so I am going to interrupt it until I find some time! I came across a western toilet in the hospital today. I was very excited until I took a closer look at the toilet seat:


THERE ARE FOOT PRINTS ON IT!!!!!!!! I had heard someone saying that when Chinese women use western toilets sometimes they don't know what to do so they get up on the toilet and squat...well now I'm pretty sure I have evidence. I immediately found comfort in the squatter! I can definitely see how one could interpret sharing a toilet seat with someone as being gross though...perhaps the squat toilets are more hygienic when I think about it... Okay now I promise, no more posts about toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment