6.15.2011

my kids going mad :)

Me pulling out my camera to record something, and my students going nuts when they see it hahah. This is one of my really fun, but absolutely out of control classes. I've realized that the degree to which a Chinese primary school class is out of control is directly related to how many boys like the ones in this video there are in the class, and that is really the only factor involved. In a few of my classes, including this one, there is not really even one boy with slightly mild manners. This makes for conducting a class extremely difficult. I don't even bother trying to keep order anymore, I just try to enjoy the chaos...lol. It's actually surprisingly easy.

6 comments:

  1. V: I'm enjoying your blog. Just read an interview with a woman on prevalence of sex selection in China. http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/books/123842624.html
    Do you see this in your classrooms and in the street? Pretty eerie to me.
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read about this before. I do feel like there are more boys in my classes but that could just because, as you can see, they make their presence more known. I haven't actually counted. I think the sex imbalance is already becoming a major issue though- there aren't enough women to marry!

    -xia tong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps there will be a state-sanctioned push to encourage homosexuality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skewed sex ratios can be addressed by importing brides from the more impoverished countries of southeast Asia like Laos, Vietnam, and Cambodia.

    I circulated a petition to raise the import quota last December--and I don't even live in China!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's an interesting thought peg leg...

    jeremy, why have you never been recognized for your civic involvement before? i think some kind of award is in store.

    -xia tong

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should do your part by encouraging the children to become homosexuals. Particularly Frank.

    ReplyDelete