6.09.2011

I'll never go hungry...


because of this little girl! She brings me something to eat almost every single class, and it's always something different. Sometimes it's bread, sometimes it's fruit, sometimes it's candy...one time she brought me a peeled hard-boiled egg though, and I accepted it graciously but had to throw it away later. Fortunately, she did not get on my case about eating that day. Usually when she gives me food and I don't eat all of it right away, she'll start to unwrap it for me or hand it to me again and won't leave until I eat it, lol.

Here mom is the 4th grade Chinese English teacher but for some reason the daughter speaks very little English. I think part of it may be that she is not very serious about school.

She's very funny...today in class I played part of the music video for "Thriller" where the zombies come out and she looked absolutely horrified throughout the entire 3 minutes lol. She's such a little girly girl. Another time during a group game she raised her hand so I worked my way through about 20 kids to get to her- I thought she had a question about the game, which I was surprised about because she usually does not participate. Instead, when I got there, she made me lean down so she could whisper in my ear "teacher, you are beautiful today" lol.

Well, she is just one of many students that I have to use non-verbal communication to communicate with. Sometimes though, it's really frustrating not being able to have an actual conversation with some of my students because their personalities do not transcend the language barrier :(

No comments:

Post a Comment