9.28.2011

more cleaning

the private student i teach at my apartment arrived an hour earlier than expected today. she arrived with gifts and everything- a little bear that said 'i love you' and a jazzy little pen. according to her mother, she really likes me. not only was i passed out when they arrived, but my apartment was also a complete mess (even though the mom had cleaned it last week) because i had new pipes put in and my stuff was all over the place. really embarrassing. i had been planning on cleaning it in the hour before they came. the mom looked mortified when she came in. she immediately set to cleaning my entire apartment again. this time, she even reorganized my stuff and dealt with some of my dirty laundry. i feel like she's like my mom (no offense mom, lol). on one hand, i'm really happy with the results, but on the other hand she needs to stop doing this.

i don't really know why they came an hour early, but i'm guessing it was some sort of communication error that i unknowingly agreed to last time we met. the fact that they have no english is starting to get to me- for example, how do you explain all the different verb conjugations in a language that you barely know and their language has no verb conjugation whatsoever? especially when you get to the irregular conjugations, ie. went, did. i think a chinese english teacher would benefit her more...i feel like i'm failing her when i can't explain things properly in chinese but then again i'm not sure if being able to do so should be part of my job description...

No comments:

Post a Comment