3.21.2011

The Grass is Greener on the Other Side


On Saturday afternoon my friend Bell and I took a really long walk to see some tourist sites on our own. While we were walking, we saw this guy with a big hose in the middle of Zhongshan Square (it's the center of the city but it's under construction right now) spraying the grass and bushes. At first I thought that he was watering it, but then I realized that the water was not clear, it was green. I looked at Bell and I was like "what is he doing..." and she was like "oh my god I think he's painting the grass green....."

And all this time the Chinese had me fooled that I was still in Ireland with their green, luscious grass...hahah. Instead of actually taking care of the grass they just decided to cover it up with some green spray paint which is probably why the grass is dull and ugly in the first place!

5 comments:

  1. its called being resourceful, victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um..... maybe it was special nutrient water? Like Gatorade for plants? Or maybe there is a significant amount of radium in the water supply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very funny. We liked your video and narration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was me and John having looked at your pic of the guy with the very big hose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it could be. well, whatever that stuff is, it's reallllly green! if you look at the wall behind the picture it has the green stuff all over it. haha, yeah i guess the narration is good, but because of my vpn i can only put up like 10 second long videos which is unfortunate

    ReplyDelete