5.22.2011

singing superstar


This student is so funny, and I think this picture perfectly captures his person...he is a little out of it sometimes! However, to give him some credit whenever I've blind called on him he is ready with an answer. He speaks English very loudly and seriously and I like to hear him speak so that's why I blind call on him lol.

He doesn't participate very much, but he behaves well. For example, if we are playing a game he gets really into it but he doesn't play. One time we were playing a game with 2 teams and if it took too long for one team to answer I would slowly start walking over to the other team so the first team knew to hurry up. Every time I would start walking away from his team he would shout "no no no" at me and wave his hands in front of him because he didn't want the other team to get the point. Finally, one time I said, "okay, well do you know the answer?" He said, "no no no" and waved his hands in front of him. LOL.

He's usually pretty quiet like I said, but last class out of no where we were singing Happy Birthday to a student and all of a sudden I hear this booming, bravado-like singing coming from his direction. I look over and he is absolutely pouring his heart and soul out into this birthday song- he's clutching his arms against his chest, gesturing, then clutching his arms again, his eyes are closed and he is just really having a go at this tune. I've never heard a 2nd grader bellow before that day... Well, needless to say, I died laughing. He was so into the song though that he didn't even notice. Maybe I'll tell him next class that if he sings me an English song his team can get a point :)

2 comments:

  1. Good god,he has an enormous face for a third grader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, 2nd grader! don't hate, he is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete