5.07.2011

QQ with my kids' parents


Some of the kids gave my QQ number to their parents, so they have been talking to me on QQ too. Here is an example of a conversation I had:

Mom

ok,welcome to Dalian china.If you have time,I can see you, talking over tea.
My telephone call:13478978248
Victoria 10:07:35 PM
that would be wonderful! is your daughter's english name lisa?
Mom
My daughter's english name is alise
Victoria 10:09:40 PM
did she write me a letter?
Mom
I am sorry,I don not know. she is sleeping.
Mom
she is fat, she has two big eyes,she is cute.
Victoria 10:14:30 PM
oh okay!

Her mom sent me a picture of her and I think the description was pretty apt, lol. They have no qualms about calling people fat here- if someone is fat it's just a simple fact about them, there's no reason to beat around the bush! I was on a hike a few weeks ago with my company and they had brought an older student along. The Chinese people in my company didn't even know his name, they just referred to him as "that fat boy" hahah. So ridiculous.

BTW, this little girl named Lisa wrote me an adorable letter a few weeks back saying that she wanted to get tea with me, so that's why I thought this was her mom. I guess I will be going out for a lot of tea these days.

2 comments:

  1. you gonna post the pic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's the picture. i have never seen this girl before :(

    ReplyDelete