5.27.2011

Hello from Harbin!

Just arrived in Harbin last night and things are going well so far. The city is pretty dirty but the Chinese people here seem more fun than the Chinese people in Dalian...I arrived around 11pm last night and all along the sides of the streets were people out eating BBQ and drinking. I have never seen that in Dalian!

This being said...I think the people here are also a little more aggressive than the people in Dalian. Maybe it's from all the drinking, or they have some Russian blood in them, I don't know. I have only been here a few hours and I already saw 2 fights break out, and one was between a man and an older woman...oh my god. The woman was like beating on someone's car and the guy was trying to get her to stop really aggressively- he was hitting her and pushing her, but she kept on at it lol. She got that car pretty good.

The people here are very friendly though- about 5 minutes after arriving I was invited to go out and get some food and drinks with all the Chinese people who worked in the hostel. They were pretty raucous. Only one of them could speak English so I couldn't talk with them very much but one of them sang a song for me in Chinese. Oh how the Chinese people love to sing! They really wanted me to sing too but I REFUSED.

Then this morning I woke up really late because I didn't sleep well last night and one of the people in my room had bought breakfast for me and left some of it in the room and some at the front desk.

And this is why I love Chinese people!

1 comment: