12.30.2011

my last day of teaching in dalian

thursday was technically my last day of class, but i decided that i am not counting it because it was at the school i don't like and even on my last day there i had a bad incident happen there (i will not go into details but i think one of the school administrators there who doesn't like me purposely ignored an incident i had in the hallway with a boy who may have broken his ankle and left me to deal with it on my own).

so i am counting today as my last day, because i went to one of my very favorite schools to say good bye to the kids, and it was a wonderful day. my teacher friend there, jane, took me around to all of the classrooms so i could say good bye and take a few pictures with the kids. i had mentioned to her a long time ago that i really liked one of the classes there, so being the extremely thoughtful person that she is, she arranged for them to sing a song for me. the song was adorable, they were all singing it together, and it was well choreographed. while i was watching them i started tearing up, and when it ended i looked over at jane and told her that i was about to cry. then i looked more closely and realized that she was bawling!! it's her favorite class too. i didn't know what to do so i quickly regained my composure and started saying what was probably non-sense to the class until we could all pull ourselves together. we took some pictures, and then jane took me out to lunch afterwards. she is by far the most wonderful person i have met in china. we weren't as close this semester because i didn't see her too much, but i was at her school 3 days a week last semester and we became really good friends.
here we are!

this teacher, angela, is also a wonderful person, and i think i have mentioned her on my blog before. she is very different than jane- much more serious- she always teaches me about the problems in chinese society, but she is also similar to jane in that she is very responsible and cares a lot about the students. this is why i like her. the video i posted recently of the children singing was in her class. tomorrow morning i will go to her school to participate in their holiday party, so maybe tomorrow is technically my last day of school :)


even with all my bad luck with one school this semester, i can still be thankful to know such good people at my other schools.

and one more picture of me with my kids on my last day for posterity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment