7.18.2011

the best present ever



this is by far the best present i have ever received. a boy came up to me on the last day of class and handed me something wrapped in a paper towel. i could tell by the shape and feel that it was an egg but he told me not to open it then so i didn't. since it was the last day, i took the class outside to play. when we returned, i opened up the paper towel, and i saw him looking at me expectantly. it was as i guessed- a brown, hard-boiled egg. however, i quickly noticed that this was no ordinary brown, hard-boiled egg...he had taken a pencil and written "i like you!" on it, even translating the k that they learn to the k that i would use during class. how could i ask for more?



2 comments:

  1. Did he say "I laid this myself" when he hand it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. li zhong- the ease with which you ask this question is unnerving. should i be aware of some kind of new characteristic chinese children are exhibiting? is this trend related to the fact that i received many hard boiled eggs this year?

    -xia tong

    ReplyDelete