9.27.2013

the fruit of the glutton

for the first time in the history of "ballin' in dalian", i have successfully been able to solicit a guest post. my guest author, being untrained in the ways of blogging, did not know what topic to write about. i thought for a minute, and decided to give my author something that i have been thinking about a lot as of late, something that is universal--that we as humans must all deal with. my author was very nervous to write a piece that could potentially be read by thousands of people around the globe, and my understanding is that they shook as they wrote, afraid that such a task might reveal too much. with out further ado, i am pleased to exhibit their work.

--------------------

if you are like me and like to eat foods in your house, you might occassionally get crumbs fall on the floor.  In this post I will share with you a primer about what to do if you see a crumbs in your house.  Your first decision is whether to ignore it or get rid of it.  If you choose to ignore it, maybe it will go away.  Insects or bugs might eat it.  Eventually, it might disintegrate on its own.  Some people don't mind a few crumbs around the house. But others think this looks unsightly and might cause guests to question the cleanliness of your house.  For this reason, you might want to consider removing the crumb.  If you choose to go this path, you must decide your method.  Some prefer to pick up the crumb between there thumb and forefinger and throw it away in the trash can, sink, or even outdoors.  Others like to use a broom or wet rag if there are multiple crumbs.  Another option is to use tweezers to pick up the crumb.  I have also had some success blowing on the crumb to make it go away.  Sometimes, though, this just makes the crumb go a different place in your house. If so, the problem isn't really solved.  You can become lightheaded from trying to blow the crumb from one place to the next.  So pleas use caution when using this method.  In sum There are many choices for getting rid of the crumb.  One is not better than the others.  in my opinion it is  a matter of personal preference.

How do you get rid of your crumbs?  Leave a comment with your tips!


5 comments:

  1. This post is not up to the quality that I have come to expect from Xiao Long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true, but xiao long has 2 years of blogging under her belt, and already knows the ups and downs of baring one's soul to the world. when you're nervous, it's not easy putting sentences together that don't have grammatical/spelling errors.

      Delete
  2. Also, I get rid of my crumbs by inviting my friend Noah over to hang out. I'm sure he would be delighted to have other opportunities. For those interested, his number is 703-965-8510.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i recall a time once where crumbs could be treated which such distain, a time when i would tilt my head back and laugh while remnants of Arby's roast beef flew from the gaps in my teeth and tumbled to the corners of my chamber where they would lie dormant, untouched, unheeded because there i was, stomach swollen and sated, wood buckling under the weight of my healthy frame. how i long for that time now as i crawl the floors in search of those dusty, spittle-coated morsels that i once treated with indifference. and how i curse those that drove me to this state, but what is a curse but hollow words that barely echo in the empty air of my hut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. with each new day, i could feel peg leg's mask chipping away a little more. noah, you really couldn't help yourself, could you?

      Delete